I have a lovely linoleum tile floor in my office which I just had to have waxed again due to the amount of damage my chair has done to it over the last 28 month. It has been recommended that I get a chair mat, so I am looking for something cheap (that’s just the kind of guy I am).
For $48.99 I can get the “Office Depot® Brand Hardwood Floor Chair Mat, Rectangular, 46″ x 60″, Clear” which features the following:
- Antiskid backing keeps your mat from slipping.
- Lets you roll your chair easily without harming your hardwood floors.
- Helps to reduce repetitive strain injury and lower back fatigue caused by rolling your chair manually.
- Made of durable clear vinyl to hold up to constant use.
- Backed by manufacturer’s 3-year warranty.
Wait! “Helps to reduce repetitive strain injury and lower back fatigue caused by rolling your chair manually.” You mean this thing can move my chair for me? Sure, linoleum is nice and smooth, but it doesn’t automatically determine where I need my chair and then move it automatically. And for less than $50!