Today I was sitting in a back room ripping the sermon CD to mp3 for the podcast and figured I would put these out on the blog.
Top 10 (aka. 1010) Signs Your Church is Geeky
- Most ministries are named using recursive acronyms.
- There are many more people in the sound booth than there are ever on the stage.
- Altar calls are done via IM.
- Small Groups have been replaced by SkypeGroups.
- Your worship leader rewrote Martin Luther’s song to “A Mighty Firewall Is Our God.”
- Some are so paranoid about using any public wi-fi that you are installing fiber to the pews.
- The call to worship prayer includes “Lord, we pray that the fire this morning will come from our hearts and not from our laptops.”
- That whole “God responds to knee-mail” joke has been banned.
- As the congregation has been growing there has been discussion of “installing” new services.
- The preacher’s outline is listed as points 1, 10, and 11.
If you can think of any other good ones, please post them in the comments.
Edit: Also, check out the following posts dealing with “The Geek Driven Church.”